Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oral Language Fair

This year at Birch Lane Elementary they started a new thing call the "Oral Language Fair". It was brought over from Valley Oak School when it closed. The kids had about 8 weeks to pick and practice a poem, song or speech to recite. Then they got up in front of judges and the top groups (2 or more kids can compete as a group) get to perform 3 more times (for parents then for younger grades then older grades). It is an awesome opportunity to gain experience in public speaking and gaining confidence. Kelsie's teacher is one of the few that was transfered from Valley Oak so she was gung ho and got the whole 1st grade class involved. They did a FANTASTIC job so we were able to see her perform the other night and I went again for one of the school performances. I am so proud of Kelsie! I hope she competes in the following years too :)

Kelsie is in the middle group wearing a yellow shirt and black pants.

1 comment:

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

Great job Kelsie! Brenna really liked watching this!