For those who don't know, tee-ball has a bit different set of rules than base(soft) ball. They go for 3 innings. Every player gets to hit once and you get to go one base per hit. The last to hit is the "home run" hitter who brings everyone in. The coach is the pitcher and she has 4-6 tries to pitch to the batter. If the batter still can't hit it, they bring out the tee. There are no outs and every game is a tie (since everyone gets to come home) :).
Kelsie has been having a lot of fun. Mark took her to the church to practice and is getting really good at grounders. In her last game she actually got the ball and threw it to 1st base before the hitter got there...twice. Which (if not tee-ball) would have been two outs. I guess this is something you rarely see in tee-ball...I mean, they are young, and friends, and have better things to day dream about than seeing if the ball will be thrown to them ;) It helped too that the girl on 1st base, Sophie, has two older sisters that live and breath softball so she has tons of experience watching and playing the game. I got some pics of her first game and am hoping to get some video clips of other games :) (Thanks Brett for being so inspiring! Tee-ball is so much fun!)







1 comment:
Wow that's great! Kel sounds like a natural. I love the uniform with the pink hat and the pink glove and shoes. That's so cool. I gotta say that's a pretty nice park to be playing at too--beautiful green grass.
Tate
Post a Comment