Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beans, Beans,....

(Are you singing the song or am I the only one with the mind of a 1st grader ;) ? )

Austin hasn't been a fan of food at all. We've tried basic baby cereal, jarred baby cereal, other jarred baby foods, bananas (which I think he is allergic to), strawberries, mushed up spaghetti, eggs, graham crackers, Cheerios, and a few others. The Cheerios he will eat if I put them in his mouth otherwise he just picks them up and puts them down over and over again. Last night we had hot dogs, pork 'n beans and applesauce for dinner. I've given him applesauce before and he seemed to like it better this time, but still reluctant to open his mouth. Then I decided to see what he would do with a bean. Oh my goodness! You should have seen his face! It was pure joy! I put a spoonful on his tray and he ate them up so fast it was unreal. I have been thinking that he has some other allergies (besides my suspicions about bananas) so if beans is what he will eat, then so be it. I just pray he didn't inherent my digestive track. ;)

So I've been talking with other moms that have young kids and they suggested trying avocados. They are bland and, as you know, soft. I know, with kid #5 I should be well versed on baby food, but as time passes, you forget some things....anyway, what foods do you all suggest I try, what did your kids like?

1 comment:

Sherree and John said...

Well, with you and your siblings, it was bananas! They were always the favorite. I'd wait a few months and then try them again. How about diced canned pears or peaches?