Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cooking with 4-H

The girls are members of our local 4-H club and totally loving it. I am volunteering as a project leader for beading. Both girls (Brooke and Kel) really wanted to do cooking but the lady running that activity only allows kids 9 yrs and older (most activities are that age range). So I've decided, after going back-n-forth too many times to count, to do cooking for the under 9 age group.

My whole point to this post is to send out a request for recipes that require little to no adult help (ie: limited knife/heat use). Things like bake-less cookies that I know exist but can't find a recipe for. It can be for breakfast, snacks, desserts, main meals...anything that we can do in 1-1 1/2 hours. I think I'm gonna make a new blog to store the recipes I get so others (in and out of 4-H) can look at them. I was going to buy a folder to keep them in, but seeing how I don't have a single cookbook that hasn't been ripped apart, a blog would be safer.

So if you have anything I might be able to use, weither a website to send me to or just an idea with or with out a recipe, PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY! :D

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've got a bunch and we've even started a kids recipe book with the kids favorites...I've got tons of stuff to finish this week but bug me on Sunday or Monday and I'll gather some up...sounds like fun!

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

I have several. The best was finger taffy (remember that/) and peanut butter balls. Will send them soon.