Monday, March 30, 2009

Stake Achievement Days Activity

A couple of Saturdays ago I had the opportunity to spend an awesome afternoon with Brooke at a Stake Achievement Days Activity in Woodland. I rarely get to spend one-on-one time with her so it was so great to be there without the other girls (of course Austin was there but he doesn't "count" yet). It started with great talks from the Stk Primary Pres and a member of the Stk. Presidency. Then we were split into 3 groups. Our group went first into a room where we talked about manners at the dinner table, how to properly set a formal and informal table, and basic etiquette in general like how to introduce yourself and others to each other. It was fun. :) And of course Brooke set our table that night, fancy folded napkins and all. The next room we went to was paper hat making. They had all kinds of craft supplies and glue guns at a huge table and we sat and created beautiful hats out of paper plates. It was great to see all the creativeness come out. Even though we all had the same items available to us, I don't think I saw any hats that looked the same (there were 50-70 ppl there). The last room we went to was set up so we could decorate head bands, clips and hair bands. These are being sent to Utah where they will then be sent and handed out to kids who need them.

The whole program was just awesome. After the classes were over, we all sat for a wonderful lunch and were entertained by one of the wards. They put on a "modesty fashion show". It was really clever. They started with appropriate and cute outfits. For the immodest clothing they used a play on words. So one girl walked out with a teddy bear tied to her waist-"bare midriff". Another had daisy's pined to her shorts-"Daisy Dukes". Some things I had to explain to Brooke, like what a tube top was (they had toilet paper tubes tied to their shirt) and other things. It was fun, silly, and I was glad for the chance to talk to Brooke about things in an easy-going atmosphere.

Here are some pics..(after we got home Kel and Shay wanted a hat too, so they made one too)

1 comment:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Ha! Wow that's so cool. I love the pics too. The girls are going to cherish those pics when they're older, I'm telling you.