Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Its Totally in the Genes

I am shocked almost daily on how the girls are so like me (in different ways) when I was younger. I even told Brooke once that she is like me and her response was, "Well of course, those people say you will end up like your mother. So I guess I'll be like Nana too. And I'm OK with that because I really like Nana." :) But today, it showed more than before how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My sister and I used to play "office" all the time when we were younger. Organizing, rearranging and making things was so much fun for us (or at least me).

When I went to take the trash out, Brooke saw that someone set a wood desk by the dumpster. She was immediately excited about the possibilities. Within seconds she saw the desk sanded, painted and with new glass knobs. In order to sell me on dragging it into the house, she explained how to rearrange her room so it would fit nicely. So in came her "new" desk. Her old desk went to Kelsie and Kelsie's table went to Shayna. Together they spent hours moving and organizing their things. We heard a lot of "Remember when we were younger and made this?!". After everything was in place, Brooke started planning a Re-Grand Opening for her store. (I don't think I've mentioned her store before. She's had it for over a year. It's called "Big Brown Bag" and she sells her toys and pictures for pennys, real and pretend. :) ) So anyway, here is a picture of Brooke's vision minus the refurbishing. As to not embarrass her, I took them when she was at school. I love that she labeled everything and even put her books in order on her shelf lol So like her Mother! (and Aunt ;) )

Notice how she even talked me into letting her take a kitchen chair? :)

Brooke even sweetened the deal by telling me to put the tread-mill in her room so Austins bigger bed will fit in my room. (Kel's desk is in the corner).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That totally sounds like me as a kid and even now! Rae seems to be taking after me so far.