
Last Sunday was a crazy day! Well, at least it was a crazy hour in Sacrament meeting. The kids wouldn't sit still and they acted like they never heard about a whisper before. It was complete chaos until I finally had enough and took Becca and Austin to the car to chill. I guess after they were out of the picture the other girls sat nicely.
So for FHE tonight we talked about Sacrament meeting and its importance to us and those who attend the meeting. Then we played the "quiet game" :). I had the ingredients to make sundaes and for every 5 minutes they could sit reverently they got to choose 1 ingredient. They did a pretty good job too. Even with Austin playing his role by trying his best to distract them. We did it for a half hour. Brooke and Kelsie got all 6 ingredients (banana, brownie, ice cream, fudge/carmel, whipped cream, sprinkles/nuts). Shayna and Becca got 4 of them but it was the 1st 10 minutes that they acted up. So I'm pretty happy that they caught on and remained reverent at the end :) Of course we tied in that just like the ingredients we earned, we can receive blessing from HF for choosing to be reverent.
One of my favorite parts was Kelsie and Shayna saying how this was the best FHE ever and Brooke (being her logical self) said, "I guess it was ok but we really just sat there doing nothing....hhhmmm, I think that was pretty tricky." lol, well, I guess it was, but if it gets them to be quieter on Sundays then I'm ok with that. ;)







5 comments:
You are a SUPER GENIUS! I am SO using that idea!!!
Wow Dawn. Did you think of that? That really is clever. I sure do admire what a great parent you are. Way to go.
Tate
Very creative! And leave it to Brooke to come up with a quip like that! She's hilarious.
Love, Nana
That is awesome!! I am totally using it. Ilana might get a sunday, Jack would probably end up with a banana. We'll see. They have been super curious about banana splits lately. Good incentive.
When are you coming down here?!!
I love it! We will be doing this soon!
Post a Comment