Monday, May 17, 2010
Breakdown
Today I had my very first ever hormonal breakdown in the grocery store. It took me totally by surprise. Here I was looking for my favorite mango pork marinade. After about 5 minutes without any luck finding it I feel tears welling up in my eyes. Now, I am not one to get emotional. I don't cry, its just not my way. So noticing tears was a bit disturbing for me. I wasn't quite sure what to do. A nice young worker (who happened to be a guy) saw me and asked if he could help me find something. Thats when tears started streaming down my face. LOL the poor guy looked horrified! I started laughing because I couldn't stop crying. I explained the whole preggo/hormone thing but he still didn't look convinced enough to leave me there. Then an older man, the awesome produce guy who always picks out the best produce for me, comes over and I re-explain my situation. He obviously has a wife who has been through hormone changes. He was very sweet and reassured me that the delicious mango marinade (that was his favorite too) may be coming back in stock and then pointed out a different marinade I should try in its place (apricot/mango/roasted chipotle marinade). Then he shooed the other guy away, who I'm sure is now having thoughts about whether or not he will be having kids. ;) I must say the whole thing was pretty funny. I don't think I ever want to go through it again, but at least now I can understand when others talk about their breakdowns lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Haha! Dawn I sure hope you're saving all of these entries in a journal somewhere - you are such a great writer! But you're right - having these kind of experiences help us to empathize with others, and that is worthwhile. Still sad to hear about though, I'm glad you were laughing. :) Love, Mom
Aww! The emotional breakdowns...sorry you had to deal with that..especially in the grocery store! Just think, there are women that are like that ALL the time. (I know one!) Eek!
That's just too funny. Or is it? Keep your chin up.
Tate
Post a Comment