We dropped the kids off Friday morning then headed to our condo in Northstar (just south of Truckee). It was a nice one bedroom apt style condo right next to the Northstar Village and ski resort. The village was amazing. At night you can walk around and all the stores/restaurants have huge fire places with couches and lounge chairs you can hang out in. It was warm at night so we didn't take advantage of it, but it was still nice to walk around. Saturday morning we went horse back riding. It was a nice hour trail ride. Another couple from the Bay area rode with us. I actually really enjoyed the ride. Poor Mark was right behind our guide so he had to endure her non-stop talking and behind me the guy was trying his hardest to comfort his teriffied girlfriend (seriously, she was freaking out that her horse was going to buck her, but he had to be like 15 yrs old and barely able to walk). So I had a nice, undisturbed, peaceful hour of riding.
This is me on Cali. Mark rode Thor, who was huge!
After the ride and lunch we went hiking. We wanted to hike the Ellis Ridge trail which is said to have an amazing view of Tahoe, but got lost driving there so we did the Miller Creek trail instead lol. It too was pretty beautiful. :)
Here is our new puppy Chip (oh yeah, we got a puppy from the El Dorado Animal Shelter. He's half Lab, half Red Merel Austrilian Shepard) We should have named him Camo cuz he blended in so nicely with the dirt and rocks :) He did great on the trail even off leash.
Ok nature buffs, by looking at the picture below, and using the info I've already given you, which direction is the picture being taken? ;)
Sunday morning we went to the river to do a little (very little) fishing and relaxing before we went to get the kids.
All in all, it was a truly amazing vacation!







5 comments:
Happy 10th Anniversary. Doesn't it seem like yesterday that we all got married in the L.A. temple? Crazy. What a fun trip and cute puppy!
Great post. Great pics. Sooo...the question about which way were you facing when you took the picture. I'm sure the fact that the moss is on your side of the tree is a huge clue, but I can't remember which side of trees moss grow on. I'm guessing you were facing in the general easterly direction. I think moss grows on the west side of trees generally. Am I right or wrong? Please, tell me the answer! I'm dying to know! And Happy Birthday, b/c apparently you were away at the time so I didn't call!
Tate
:) Tate, I was facing South ;) Moss grows where there is least amount of light. Southern exposure gets the most sun so the north facing surfaces usually have the moss. Of course depending on shaded surroundings, it can grow anywhere. But the way the sun was shining was supposed to be another glue...don't know how well that can be seen though. :)
Congrats! Love the way you celebrated!
That looks like so much fun! Congrats on 10.
Post a Comment