Friday, October 16, 2009

Heaven help me...

Me to Kelsie: "Come and sit down, its homework time. (Kel just stands there then starts to sit on the couch) No, come here. (She comes but sits at the computer desk) Your homework is at this table, not that one. (Finally she is at her chair and sitting).

Kelsie: "Will you help me?"

Me: "Sure, lets see what you have."

I'm reading the directions and Kelsie makes her way back to the living room.

Me: "Kels, come here. I know what you need to do. (No response) KELSIE, come here now please!. Thank You. On this spot you need to write the problem and under it you need to write the answer. Then circle the double facts."

Kel: "What?"

Me: "(repeat directions)"

Kel: "uuuhhh"

Me: "(repeat directions again) So for this one you would write 3+1 then write the answer under it. Kelsie, write 3+1 right here. (she starts to write in a random box) No, in this box. (has the pencil pointed at the right box, but nothings happening) 3 then + then 1. Right HERE Kelsie. (whew, success!) Great now write the answer."

Kel: "To what?"

Me: "3+1 Kelsie, whats the answer to 3+1?"

Kel: "5?"

Me: "What? No, 3+1! Whats the answer?"

Kel: "Ooohhhh, I thought you said 3+2 haha"

This is when I take a deep breath and try my hardest not to do the work myself ;)

4 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

haha Sounds like she was a bit distracted or something. But that was funny. I'm sure you thought it was funny. And just think, you're not even at Halloween yet! Many more months of fun ahead of you! :)
Tate

Lisa said...

I hate homework! I hate homework! I HATE HOMEWORK!
I really can't stress that enough and you captured the annoyance of it perfectly. Once I had this crazy misunderstanding that when I graduated I wouldn't have to do homework again. I know better now.
Homework should die!

KPackard said...

That is so funny! It is so crazy how easily distracted kids are sometimes. It sounds like you did great!

By the way, I loved seeing you guys at church on Sunday!

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

ha! Great story...only cuz I feel your pain. :)

ps - Shh. Don't tell but I have done their homework before.