Saturday, November 8, 2008

I've been Tagged...

So here are 7 random things about me....

1. About a week before I met Mark, a Chiropractor that worked in my building offered me a job. She was Cher's personal Chiropractor and was going on tour with her. She wanted me to go along to be her Assistant Massage Therapist. I was seriously considering it until Mark came into the picture. Needless to say, I have never regretted my decision.

2. I am honestly tone deaf. I only know when I'm hitting the right note by remembering how it feels in my throat.

3. When I get really nervous/scared or something horrible happens, my bodies defense mechanism is to laugh. I've gotten some pretty dirty looks over this..its not very convenient, but there's nothing I can do to stop it once it starts.

4. I have always dreamed (and still do) of having complete and utter control over every muscle in my body. Like Jackie Chan. I guess total control over mind and body is what I've always wanted (especially when #3 happens). I've also wanted to be like Jason Bourne in the Bourne Series. To be able to have the knowledge you need when you need it. Not that I'd ever need any of that, but I just want to know I could do it.

5. I'm a dead shot with my 38 Special revolver and can't wait for the kids to be older so Mark and I can enter competitions.

6. I have some strange compulsion with moving furniture around. I get antsy every couple of months and have to switch things up. I can't figure out if this is just habit because my sister and I shared a room and were always changing it, or if its truly a compulsion...either way, its fun watching Mark and the kids faces when they come home and had no idea I was moving things again lol.

7. I am a renewed fan of the saying: (Thanks Lisa M. for reminding me about it!)

Fix it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or do without.

Its something I've always heard, but until I had kids and no $$, I never applied it. Now I use a spatula to get the last of the peanut butter, sew decorative fabric on the legs of the kids pants to make them longer, secretly add water to the milk when we need an extra cup or two, and introduced "clean trash art" to the kids when my craft supplies were running low.

Now I'm gonna tag Karina, Jennifer Davey, and my Mom (if she ever gets on her blog again ;) )

7 comments:

KPackard said...

Dawn, that is so awesome! I would love to see you wield your gun and that saying (#7) is very inspiring.

Aida said...

I can totally understand laughing at inconveniant times...Like when somebody falls and their hurt and all you can do is laugh....ah!

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

Maybe the laughing thing is in the genes cuz I have the same problem. I laugh about truly awful things. IT just comes out. So embarrassing. I get dirty looks all the time too!!!

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

Does that mean I am tagged?

Cheney Family said...

Yup Karina, you're it! :D

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Wow that's something. I too have laugh when I get nervous. Well, I don't quite as much anymore but I used to more. I remember when I was probably like 10 years old or something I was with a friend and his younger brother and their mom at a vet clinic or something and the younger brother was crawling around underneath the metal chairs. He bumped his head on a corner of one of the chairs and put a hole in his head and was bleeding all over the place. So we all went to the emergency room in a hurry. As me and Brian were waiting in the lobby he couldn't stop crying and I couldn't stop laughing. I felt bad, but I really couldn't help it. He got real mad at me for laughing that his brother's head had a hole in it. So yeah, maybe it is in the genes. Oh no. That's really troublesome to me. haha Weird. haha Oops. Sorry. hahaha

THE SNOW FAMILY said...

Just one more thing for us to thank mom/dad for....(sarcasm)