Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend :) Marks parents were able to come up and hang out with us for a few days. I wish I got pics, but we forgot the camera one day and the other days, we just plain forgot about it ><. On Sat. we went to Gold Rush Days in Old Sac. It was a ton of fun and thankfully not tooo hot. In past years, Mark has been apart of the Mormon Battalion and gone to Gold Rush Days dressed in full gear. Though it was fun, I was glad to have him with us this year. The girls got to make corn husk dolls and enjoy the horses that were everywhere. After having an awesome lunch at Fats (I highly recommend going there if in the area), we went to the Railroad Museum. They have some really neat exhibits where you can get on a train and it feels like its moving. You really get a sense of what train travel used to be like. I particularly like seeing all the beautiful dishware they used, dreaming of the day I can put away all my wonderful plastic plates and bowls. :)

On Mon., we went up to my parents property. The guys and kids went fishing while us moms (and Austin) hung out in the house :) We had some nice quiet chatting time. Karina was able to come up too...it always fun to see all the cousins running around and having a good time :) All in all, it was a fun weekend. We can't wait till Feb when we can get together again :)
Cathy got bonnets for Becca and Brooke from Gold Rush Days and Kel and Shay got pretty fans


MILESTONE #1: Austin wakes up!!! :) (He is 1 month old today) Seriously, he has been a very sleepy boy. He will slightly wake up to eat, otherwise, he is out like a light. This weekend however, he has actually been awake for longer than 10 min. Kelsie was so excited, she wanted a picture :)

No comments: