Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An awesome day with family

What an amazing day! We went to Dillon Beach with my parents and my sisters family (minus Uncle Mark and Brett, poor Brett had a fever:( ). Dillon Beach is just south of Bodega Bay. It was super windy, but we still had fun.
Brooke has always wanted to be buried, so Kel, Shay, and Brenna help her with that. :)



Becca, Karlee, and Tori hiding from the wind and trying to stay warm.
Kel and Becca climbing the dunes. The kids loved running down and crawling back up the dunes.
Tori and Austin hanging out.
Becca in her own little world...so like me when I was little.
"something is wrong here, I just know it"
Around 3pm the wind was getting stronger and colder so we packed up and drove north to Bodega Bay. There are some camp grounds up there that we checked out. They looked pretty cool. I think Mark and I will try them out next year. Definitely not as warm or open as Carpenteria, but its as good as it gets for No. Cal. beaches. After that, we kept going on the 1 hwy and followed along the Russian River. It's really pretty but has more houses than I thought it would. Armstrong Redwood Forrest is up that way too. Well, we couldn't pass that up so we turned off to take a look. Brooke likes this picture because she says it looks like fairies are around her :). The area reminded me of the cartoon movie, Fern Gulley. It was so green and peacefull. The tree covering made the air cool and moist...just beautiful! (If you're into backpacking in to camp, this is the place you should check out. It's about a 3.5 mile hike to get to the camping area)
The girls on the roots of a fallen tree (side view).

Nana and Becca
Karlee, Shayna and Kelsie inside a living tree trunk


2 comments:

JD said...

That looks like so much fun. Pat and I had talked about Dillon beach! That maybe our next adventure to the ocean.

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Dang. Looks like good times. Wish we coulda been there.
Tate