Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Fun

Halloween has always been a favorite holiday of mine. But now I'm beginning to realize that its not really Halloween I love, but the Fall season in general! I love hearing the rain fall and bundling up with my hot chocolate and book. I love the soothing colors of the trees and the smell of fire in the chimneys when you walk down the street. Rain and camp fire have to be 2 of my most favorite smells. Too bad you rarely find them together. Well, maybe its a good thing, it is a bit tricky to go camping in the rain. Fall is just exciting for me. The holidays, family visits, and potential vacations each month. Just this makes the sugar powered kids in the background seem tolerable :)

This year Kelsie's class was able to go to Impossible Acres Farm. And thanks to Mark staying home, I was able to go with her and enjoy the scenery. We also just had our wards Trunk or Treat last night. It was a ton of fun as always. And thank goodness it happened before the rain came! Brooke invited a friend to come and they had a blast together. Her Mom came as well which I was glad for. Brooke has invited her friend to church and now that they've been there, they might come "some Sunday". :) I was impressed with Brooke's invitation. Its always been hard for me to extend and invitation to anyone. So here are some pix of our little adventures...


Impossible Acres...
Kel and her friend brushing the pony
The tractor ride.they got to hold the baby chicks

And play in the hay maze


Trunk or Treat...
Becca begging for more :)Shay doing the cake walkBrooke and her friend. Kelsie, our little Southern BellePassing out the last of the candyThe BIG CRASH. Notice all the partially eaten candy...No one believes me when I say she doesn't like candy, she just likes tasting it, but never eats all of it :)

3 comments:

Cheney Family said...

If you were wondering, Austin was on my back during both trips...thats way there are no pictures of him :( aw well...

KPackard said...

Fall is my favorite season, too! There is something so exciting in the air. I just love Kelsie's costume--she is so adorable! And the array of opened lollipops around Shayna is hysterical! What a cutie!

Ashley said...

That picture of Shayna is so funny! Blaise is a little bit like that with candy. Last night he snuck a sucker but didn't actually eat it, just enjoyed the fact that he opened it by himself!