Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I know, it's a little late, but we've been wonderfully busy! :D Yesterday we had a great time sleeping in and being lazy. We missed our pancake breakfast at church so we had one of our own. Not exactly the same, but all the kids knew was that we were having pancakes...I guess I forgot to tell them it was going to be at church lol. Then when we were finally ready for the day, we went to Walmart and got things we don't really need. I planned a big BBQ with all sorts of goodies but it was 5:30 before we got out of the store so instead we went to In-N-Out (which we haven't done in about 8 years) and will have the BBQ tonight. At about 8pm, we got on our bikes with kids in tow and rode to the park to watch the fireworks. Well, Mark had both bike carriers on his bike and I was kid free :). I actually made it up the hill without having to walk! (big high 5 for me lol j/k) The fireworks were pretty fun. It was insanily crowded but that made it even more exciting for the girls. They saw a bunch of the older 4-H kids there and were thrilled when they said Hi. We played frisbee with the kids glow-in-the-dark necklaces because its way better than using an actual frisbee and at 9:30 sat to watch the fireworks. After all the ooohs and aahhhs, we got home at about 10:30. I think the funniest part for me was during the show, Becca kept saying "Let's go home Right now" with her face mostly covered, then when I put her in bed she kept saying "cool fire" "red, blue, green, yellow, white, loud" "cool fire" over and over again.

So today, in celebration of a great night and being lice free, we went to the park then went swimming and Shay and I get to go to a birthday party! Fun times!!

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

haha That is funny. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Wish we were up there to enjoy it with you. And hooray the lice is gone!

Pao said...

That's much better! I'm so glad to hear that you had fun , we were there too at the fireworks , did you see the skydiving show? that was great!