Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ice Skating~ Girl Scout Event

So here's the truth....I am not a huge fan of Girl Scouts. The corporate part of the organization anyway. It just isn't my thing. BUT I love the friendships the girls have made and the life lessons they are learning in their individual groups. AS long as I can keep away from the leadership aspect, I'm good ;)

One of the most recent Girl Scout activities offered was free ice skating for all the kids, even the non-GS kids. The kids had a BLAST! It was their first time on the ice. Well, Brooke had been once before. They offered a free hour group lesson then a free hour of open skate time. Tinker Bell even showed up and performed.

For some reason I can't rearrange my pictures on here so they are a bit jumbled...aw well...

Here is Becca doing twirls with some girls in her troop and Tinker Bell.

Shayna was a happy girl just skating around in circles.

Ok, Austin was hilarious! A true hokey player and I don't think he has ever seen a game before. He totally was muscling his way around the rink not giving a hoot who he ran over. He was all about the speed lol.

Kelsie (with the white hat/sweater) and Brooke (to Kels right) getting ready for take off.

Austin learning the basics...which he promptly ignored and created his own rules.


Shayna is the bright pink figure in the middle (don't you love my cell phones camera?)

Becca trying to figure it out.

There's Aus..the black poof ball..waiting patiently...

Ty was all signed up to skate. They have skates his size, pulled out a smaller walker and even had an extra instructor there for him since he was the littlest guy. But he would have nothing to do with it. He didn't even want to look at the ice! Hopefully next time he will give it a try. It was pretty awesome of them to go to all the trouble though!
Here is Becca and a few girls in her Daisy troop.

AND the classic "girls look over here! No over here! I'm right here girls! Look at me!" To be fair, the glass is really thick so they probably couldn't hear me ;)

No comments: