We started our first Read~A~Thon last Tuesday! It was a lot of fun getting the other home schooling families together for some good reading. We have about 25 kids joining the event which I think is amazing! There are kids who are just learning how to sound out words and kids who are reading young adult novels. My favorite part of the day was seeing the older kids helping the younger ones get excited about books. In between reading, the kids made cute bookmarks to take home and had "brain food" (e.i., veggies and crackers) They are going to keep track of the number of pages they read (or is read to them) for the next 3 weeks then we will get together again for an "awards ceremony". I'm getting a ton of little trinkets to hand out and out local $5 Book Store may donate a book for each kid. I'm still working on that though. Here are some pictures of the day (you will also notice my need for a new camera ;) haha):
No comments:
Post a Comment