Friday, August 17, 2012

Austin's 4th Birthday

Austin was so stoked to be turning 4! He was even more excited to have a superhero party!! Over the past few months he would go back and forth between wanting an Iron-man, Spider-man, or Woody theme so I told him we would have a Super Hero Training Camp. I stole most of my ideas from the party my friend did for her son. Thanks Keline! ;)  The initial plan was to have it in our backyard so I could use the trees for part of the course, but seeing as it was 105* Mark thought using the church building (and a/c) was a better option. So right he was! 

We started out by having the kids sign their name badges to show they are now members of the Super Hero Training Center.
 




   Their first task was to show how they could follow orders. We played a cake walk type of game. There were pictures of villains and one superhero in a circle. Who ever was on Superman when the music stopped had completed this task and was rewarded with a mask they could decorate themselves. 

Here are some of the kids coloring their masks :)


Their next assignment was to complete an obstacle course and defeat the villains at the end of it. They threw bean bags to knock the villains off the table. Once completed, they earned their capes.


 (These are the capes) ;)

 After they earned their capes, they had the ultimate challenge of taking out the leader of all bad guys. They were each armed with silly string to shoot at him as I ran the board back and forth haha. I think they had more fun shooting each other though ;)


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!

 He got 2 light sabers as a gift from his friends! He couldn't have been more thrilled!









No comments: