Monday, January 16, 2012
Getting Prepared
I've been spending all my spare time (and my not-so-spare time heehee) getting things ready for home schooling. It's been so much fun! Of course, organizing everything is fun for me ;). I'll have to get pics up of my file system soon. There aren't any lessons in it, but when I actually have lessons, they will for sure have a place to be stored. I want to be all set so when the kids ask, "What's that cloud?" (and they will ask....again), while they go check for the answer (again) on the internet or in books, I will have worksheets or something already for them to do on the subject. One of the things I've been "stressing" over is my lack of immediate resources. So I've been haunting many sites, printing pages, writing down book titles, collecting equipment. The best place EVER is our local libraries book store. They sell all kinds of books for a buck or less. I now own all kinds of US and World history books, at least one copy of each of the most popular Shakespeare plays, a ton of books on animals. Now I'm looking for books on basic physical science (gravity, magnets, energy...), and basic biology. I have to say too that I LOVE kinder thru 3rd grade subjects. So much fun to be had! And while I really like what we'll be doing with Brooke and Kelsie in English, the other subject are still freaking me out lol. OK, dinners ready, I'll update again soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
It's fun to read that you're enthused about this and enjoying it!
Post a Comment