Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching up....

It has been a long while since I've written on this blog. Having Facebook to update makes this seem redundant but since i can't make FB into a book, here I am again :). So to play catch up here's whats been going on...

Ty Patterson Cheney was born on Nov 26, 2010 (which happens to also be my Dad's b-day). The story: We got to the hospital in the morning (sorry, I can't remember times anymore dang it). The contractions weren't bad at all so when I was told that I was already dilated to a 4 I was pretty shocked. I went ahead and got an epidural knowing the pain would get worse eventually. Three hours later Ty was born :) Yup, it was that easy. He was 7lbs 11oz. Funny side note: Both my nurses were also named Dawn. I stayed a couple of nights then came home to 5 excited kids.




Austin LOVES holding Ty. Thank goodness! I was so afraid he would be upset having a baby in the house taking my attention away from him. I've been using a bottle with Ty (both pumped milk and formula) so that has helped tremendously. I can let the girls feed him like they want and run around after Aus like he wants...lol...everyone's happy ;)
 Becca's birthday is Dec 12. I can't believe she is 5 already!! She is now feeling like a "big girl". I don't know why but for all the girls 5 was a huge deal.


 To help me get some quiet time, my aunt took the girls for an over-nighter. They had SO much fun!! Along with making these supper cool ginger bread houses they walked around looking at Christmas lights and got to watch my Aunts soccer game.
 Becca's
 Brooke's
 Kelsie's
 Shayna's
 While they were gone Austin spent his time outside "shooting" birds. Yes, it was December and he has no clothes on...one of the only perks to living in So. Cal ;)

We had a double baby blessing the Sunday after Christmas since all our families were around. Marks brother, David and his wife Ariel had their first kid (Jeffery Michael Cheney) 2 days before Ty was born. Very cool, I know! So we had our blessings together. The first picture is of my side and the second is with Marks side. (Those who actually made it out at least).

 During this time we actually had some rain fall. So the kids made some foil boats and sailed them around our flooded yard.

 One of Brookes favorite things is to make Ty smile. My camera isn't fast enough to get a good shot, but these are still cute :)
 Shayna is one of my best helpers with Ty. She loves to hang out with him and play with him like he's her baby doll. Hopefully this lasts and they can be good buddies :)
 Ty looking at Brooke..he was actually "talking" and smiling even though here he looks very concerned lol (Jen, if you read this, there is something about this picture that reminds me of Matthew. What do you think?)
 Being So.Cal., the rain left and the sun came out. I sent the kids out to wash Chip and they had a blast! I was a little sad it has been getting warmer because i so want to go to the snow and play. But it is hard to want to get your snow stuff out when its in the 80s and 90s :s

So thats it. Thats what we've been up to lately. Along with a whole lot of hanging around the house with sick people of course ;) I have no clue when I'll post again but seeing as Brookes and Marks birthdays are next month I suppose it will be then...unless I come up with something brilliant to tell you...

3 comments:

Sherree and John said...

I enjoyed this wonderful update, Dawn! Even though I knew about much of it, I loved reading and seeing the photos. If you don't make it for a ski day this year, save the $ for next season!

KPackard said...

Is it just me or is Shayna looking more and more like Brooke? Congrats on your little guy--he's so cute! And I wish we had some warmer weather here, too--enjoy some sun for me and I'll enjoy some snow for you! ;)

Lisa said...

Hey there! Looks like you've been keeping busy. It's so fun to see the beautiful Easter picture up at the top of your blog. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.