This year in 4-H Brooke joined the Presentation Project. There are about 8 kids in the group with her. They learn all about different types of presentations like power points, poster board, impromptu speeches, demos (like "how to .."), readings (like passages from a book), and a few others I think. On Feb 13th there is a "Presentation Day". This is when kids from the whole county will go to UCD and do their presentations in front of judges. They are judged on how well they know their info, how well they speak, the lay out of the presentation and how they answer questions after wards. You have to be 9 to be judged so Brooke will get a "participation ribbon"since she can't be judged. I'm really proud of her for wanting to do this and being brave enough to stand up in front of everyone...something I would never do at her age (or now for that matter). Last night she was able to pratice in front of just our club (there are about 50 members in just our club). I took a video but forgot to zoom in BEFORE I pushed record (lame you can't zoom while filming). She did a power point about artists and their paintings. You can't tell from the video, but there are words on the screen. I'm hoping I can take better video at the actual event...we'll see.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Awesome Brooke! That's so cool, and as your mom said, brave and impressive! I'm sure you'll do great at all of the different types of presentations. Unfortunately, the video isn't working right now, but I'll come back later to watch it.
Tate
Post a Comment