Thursday, December 3, 2009

A day in the life...

of the Cheney's....

We like to wake up early so we can veg in front of the tv before we have to get ready for the day :)
Below is a view of our kitchen. This house really isn't much bigger than our apartment. The space was just used differently. In the apt. we had huge bathrooms, here we have little bathrooms but a slightly bigger living room. The kitchen is about the same size minus all the storage we used to have. But I'm getting used to it ;) And notice the carpet in the dining area? Who in their right mind would put carpet in the dining area?? Especially for a rental. So much for getting our full deposit back when ever we move again...it'll all be used on replacing the carpet :/
The kitchen and hall have tile. Which sounds nice but really isn't all it's cut out to be. It is freezing all the time. But because we can't go without wearing socks, we have discovered the joy of sliding ;) **I have a video I've been trying to upload for days...hopefully it will work in its own post**


Becca wanted to take a picture of me unpacking.
She also wanted me to take a picture of her doing, well, what ever it is she's doing ;) (bonus point for whoever can tell me what show they are watching) :)
When it warms up, the kids head outside to enjoy our very quiet street. I LOVE being on the end of a ct. Between us and the next house is the pathway to the green belt so we only have a neighbor on the right and on the back of us. We really are the loudest house on the block. There aren't any other kids close by which is a bummer, but at least I can send mine out to play without worrying about cars or strangers. **again, video wouldn't upload, so look for it in a future post**


After lunch we head to the nearby park. It's just a typical neighborhood park. I like that its less than 2 minutes away. We just walk down the green belt and there it is. Helps me not miss Davis so much.
Austin is still learning that wood chips are not good eats.
Showing off their mad skills on the monkey bars.

Showing off his climbing ability. He almost got to the third tier but it was just out of reach.

Kelsie was trying to get Austin to fetch. I guess if the dog won't do it, you might as well teach your little brother ;)

Here are some pics of the house. Its small and cute. Oh, and yeah, thats my new (to us) totally awesome huge bus of a van!! We got it Thanksgiving weekend cuz our Astro, in all its wonderfulness, needed repairs that didn't match what it was worth. I was hoping for a 12 passenger, but this 15 passenger was all we could find in No. Cal. Most vans for sale are in So. Cal. We would have made the trip, but the price was right for this little beaut :) We've been trying to think of a name to call it. All I could think of was The Oxbow (if you've seen Last of the Dogmen, you know what I mean. If not, the Oxbow is back country that, those who have attempted to explore, never return). Kelsie came up with "the coupe" and Brooke says "Cheney Chariot" (she is currently reading a book about the Greek Gods, hence chariot)....what do you think it should be called?
And please excuse the mess of a backyard. Between kids and the dog, I have yet to try and clean it up. Being full of mud and weeds doesn't help in convincing me to do it either.