Wednesday, August 26, 2009
First Day of School!
I don't know about you, but my first day of school ROCKED! The kids started the day happy and helping Shayna get ready. They filled her with so much info about what to expect that when she was in the class she kept telling the teacher "I know, I know" :) Brooke and Kelsie took off to their classes before I could get out of Shay's class (note Brooke's expression in her pix...so embarrassed hee hee). Since they all seemed to be fine without me, I went home, got Mark and they other kids and went to Vacaville for a manicure :D. This is really my bday present for next month but figured since Mark had the day off, we might as well do it now. We got back just in time to pick up Shayna who was all smiles until we got home. She litterally was happily eating lunch one minute then on her bed crying and saying she wants to be home schooled the next. I let her calm down and she was sound asleep in a matter of seconds. After I picked up Brooke and Kelsie (admittedly late cuz I forgot that Wed is their early day) Shay was happy and willing to try school one more time(but just one) ;) I have to say that I am really pleased with the kids teachers. Brooke has Ms. Yates who is actually a friend from the Davis 1st Ward. She has 2 good friends in her class and "just knows" about 10 others. Kelsie has Miss Moy, a new teacher (well, new to our school anyway) Her class is like a flash back to kindergaten. With the exception of her very best friend Constanza who is in a different class (smart move by her last teacher). And Shayna has the best kinder teachers ever. I'm really looking forward to volunteering with them again.
Click here for a look at last years picture..thought it was funny how simular they are. I guess its because Brooke wanted ro wear the same outfit. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
It has only been a couple of months but I swear they look so much older! Crazy!!! Glad the first day went well!
And Kelsie is wearing black too. So fun! Glad you had a good day!
Post a Comment