Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Austin Daniel Cheney

The long wait is finally over!! Austin came Sat 8-2-08 at 1:15pm :) Thanks to Lani, Mark and I were able to get to the hospital at about 8:30am while she stayed with the girls (I owe her big time!) After about an hour of walking I let go of my idea of a natural birth and started begging for the drugs. I figured I had 2 natural births, they turned out great, but I'm no wonder women...why bother with the pain. So once I got an epidural things were smooth sailing. (I did forget about the insane itching though. I could have lived without that) My mom was able to come to the hospital. We had a great time chatting while I waited for the nurse tell me when to push. I was so numb that when it was time, I felt really silly. I couldn't feel a thing so it seemed like I was just scrunching my face up. I actually started laughing because I wasn't sure if my body was doing anything. A minute later, Austin was on my tummy just looking around...no crying or anything. :) He was 8 lbs exactly and 20 1/2in long with a little bit of brown hair. It was fast, easy, and I actually had a good time. As a side note, I would still recommend doing a natural birth because it is awesome to actually be able to have control of your body during labor and the recovery afterwards is 100% better. But either way, you end up with an amazing bundle of love that, no matter your delivery methods, is by far the greatest prize. Anyway, we came home the next day to an empty house. The girls spent a few days with Nana and Papa while Mark and I were able to relax and get ourselves used to the new schedule. The girl had a wonderful time at the ranch and going to the movies and zoo and just being with Nana and Papa :)
Huge thanks to everyone that has been there helping out my fam...I really do appreciate it!!!

Just minutes old2 days old

Austin and Nana just after he was bornBrooke and Austin
Kelsie and AustinShayna and AustinBecca and AustinThe ClanPapa and Austin

"The Boys" Brett and now Austin are the only boy cousins on my side of the fam. Now Brett doesn't have to face the 7 girls alone ;)
Cousin Brenna holding Austin
Cousin Karlee and Austin

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. What a handsome little boy!

AnoelleB said...

Gor-JUSS! Have fun doing boy stuff!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love the pics! Wish we could have been there!

Shiva said...

Congrats. We wish you all the joy in the world. May your happyness be on show for all.

Stay in touch.

Mark (formly known as Shiva and Cannonball)

Ixchelle said...

Congratulations dawn! Boys are so fun and energetic. Those cute girls are going to have lots of fun with him.

Lisa said...

Congratulations. He's adorable. Hope you're taking good care of yourself.

Sarah said...

YEA!! Glad he made it! It's great to see you guys with blue blankets and such :) Hope you're doing all right! I'm challenging everyone to leave a comment on all of the blogs they check - you're is one of them!!! Take care of your little man - and take extra good care of yourself :)