(I coundn't get the pics to go where I wanted them so intergrated in these pics are pics of Brooke who actually allowed me to do her hair!! Apparently get your hair done is less painful than taking a bath lol)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Horse Crazy Kids
The girls were invited to see the ponies and horses at the UCDavis Breeding Center today with some friends of ours. They had a great time petting and feeding all the horses and the 2 baby kittens they have there. :) The Center is having an auction this Sat from 3-6 pm (so Mom and Dad...there are some supper cute ponies there if you're ready ;) j/k). This actually couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I have been trying to think of free activities to do with the girls that I don't have to do much. We are already planning on doing "swimming lesson" with a friend here at our pool (basically I'm going to attempt to get the girls not afraid to swim w/o floaties but swimming lessons sounds better) We are also doing "tennis camp" at my friends house and sewing at yet another friends house. So in my need to find different activities, I posted an ad on Craigs List asking if there was anyone in Davis/Woodland that has a horse they wouldn't mind us feeding carrots to or just go and look at. Apparently this was the wrong thing to ask. I got a TON of postings that basically accused me of being sue happy and irresponsible wanting my young kids around horses. I was shocked by the responses...I know horses can be unpredictable, but come on. Thankfully there were some ppl who emailed me directly and inviting us out to their ranches so the kids come walk the horses. So on Sat we are going to spend the day in Rio Linda with the Sac County 4-H Equestrian (sp?) Project Leader and her 15 mini horses. So for you horse ppl that want to move up to No Cal...I suggest moving to Rio Linda, Lincoln or Auburn. I got about 12 invites from really nice ppl and those are the 3 places they all came from. Most of the negative responses were from here in Davis...go figure.
(I coundn't get the pics to go where I wanted them so intergrated in these pics are pics of Brooke who actually allowed me to do her hair!! Apparently get your hair done is less painful than taking a bath lol)








(I coundn't get the pics to go where I wanted them so intergrated in these pics are pics of Brooke who actually allowed me to do her hair!! Apparently get your hair done is less painful than taking a bath lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment