Brooke has been reading for awhile now and progressing fairly well. She is at the "right" level for her age group, but has refused to try anything harder than what her teacher says is necessary. I haven't really pushed her to do so either. I didn't want her to start hating reading thinking it was some awful chore or something. I am also of the opinion that just because she isn't TRYING to read above her level, it doesn't mean she will be at this level for the rest of her life...Anyway, tonight at our family scripture and prayer time, Mark asked her if she wanted to read tonight. Without skipping a beat she picked up her Book of Mormon and started reading. We were shocked and extremely proud of her. She read 4 pages. Of course Shayna and Becca were gone after the first couple of verses and we lost Kelsie to sleep about half way through, but Brooke did awesome :) I am so happy she is comfortable reading the scriptures and that she is finally excited to be reading period!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment